Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bangkok..Here We Come!!! (Part 1)

Well...at least that's what the title said..but actually we won't be going yet ho3x...
Planning on a trip to Bangkok from April 8 - 13, 2009...Actually bought the ticket about A YEAR ago ha3x...U know...the Airasia promo syndrome ;0) ..damn those guys are clever in reeling people to plan their vacation in advance (and I mean ADVANCE...one year! can you believe it! And the tickets are non-refundable, so if you can't go, welll... just kiss your money goodbye!).
Still.... got the tickets pretty cheap..about IDR 750k/person/return...Since now you can wave goodbye to FISKAL fee if you already have NPWP (which I have thank you very much! Still working on Aldo's though...) the cost has considerably lower..YIPEEEE!! Translation: More money on eating and shopping..and eating..and eating...ha3x..

So..here I am googling my way through the internet for reasonable a.k.a CHEAP accomodation in Bangkok. Since it's a family outing with my 1,5 yrs old baby angel Gabriella coming along..top of the list of must haves are cleanliness and good location..oh..good reputation too..
Meaning not too far to walk to public transport such as BTS or MRT (imagine walking in blistering weather with a baby....aarrggghhh the agony!! For the baby I mean..)
The problem is...the more I googled and read discussion sites..the more I..(quoting Hannah Montana - okay guilty as charged, I like Han Mon...anybody goint to make an issue of this?!?!)..."Say Whaaaaattt?!?!
So many suggestions with mixed reviews if you believe those at Asiarooms.com or Agoda.com or other such sites.....So...in the end I'm still filled with doubt about hotels I saw..hhhh...headache...headache......

Still...at least I come to SOME conclusions:

1. If you want a sure guarantee on a place...price is usually a good guide...Hey a hotel costing that much must have PLENTY of good qualities! Problem is...anything above USD 60/night is considered expensive by little 'ol me....Reallllyyyy darlinggg....let's face it...our paycheck is in IDR not USD...whadya expect!??!?

2. It'd be better if you know someone living in Bangkok that can at least give you some suggestions and recommendations....Turns out there's a family from our church GKPI Menteng living there....Going to contact them within this week...just one more thing to add to my looonnnggg to do list ho3x...

3. A service apartment with kitchen sounds heavenly...since I probably have to prepare Gaby's food and it beats bringing my portable cooker along...Hey! I could always use the space for my shopping goods ha3x...

4. According to what I've read..played the tough guy in Bangkok, don't COMPLETELY look like bedazzled newcomers..play the haughty princess aka Paris Hilton...U there! Drive me to...bla and bla! Step on it! Turn on that taxi meter or else!!!! But...don't forget to paste those dazzling dentist enhanced white smiles and mind your thank yous and please!!

Anywayyy...there are SOME places that I'm considering and would REALLY appreciate anyones first hand reviews on them: Samran Place, Sam's Lodge, First House Hotel, Sawasdee Lang Suan, Sawasdee Sukhumvit, Bangkok Citi Inn, Silom Hotel, hmmmm.... I'll update the list later on...

Okay then! Back to googling again today! Oh and working too ha3x....No work...no pay...NO Bangkok! Cheeeerssss......

0 comments:

About This Blog

My family

My family
My little family

  © Free Blogger Templates Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP