Monday, March 23, 2009

The New Trend, Renting Baby Equipment

"Why buy when you can rent?"
That's the new slogan now in the baby world. And me thinks it's pretty reasonable...
Since prices has now risen considerably due to the Dollar factor, buying baby equipment can be quite expensive. Hmmm...let's see..what does a baby need: crib, stroller, car seat (no rules yet regarding this, and many (including me) just hold the babies on our lap. But for those mothers who need to drive alone with their babies, a car seat is a must), feeding chair, baby walker (the old or new style..tho many say it's hazardous), baby toys, etc..etc..the lists do go on and on and on...and that's not including clothes and other basic stuffs baby needs....So the grand total is quite a hefty sum!

But sometimes...all the stuff you bought don't last for as long as you want them to be!
For instance: cribs...I still have my baby's in my room but she prefers to sleep on my bed (maybe it's because she enjoys those little kicks she sent my way when rotating around on the bed ;0) ). If I put her to sleep in the crib at night, she'll last 1 hour tops b4 she woke up...And then I have to move her to my bed, and if I move her back again, the same problem occured. Well....a girl needs her beauty sleep, so I usually gave up and just let her sleep with me..sigh!

Well that's just for example...My point is...renting baby equipment is a good alternative.

Rented a stroller n car seat from Mbak Ferlin.
Her website address is http://ferliny.multiply.com (Jakarta)..
Actually been thinking for a while to get a car seat for Gaby but not sure if she'll like or not....So...good this brillian idea that I'll just rent one for try out..If she doesn't like it..well the money can go to buying her clothes then ho3x...
The stroller part was for the Bangkok trip..Mine's the large type that you can't lug around...Noone I know who can lend me the lighter type one (u know...the umbrella fold types)..Figured killing two birds with one stone....
Got Mbak Ferlin's website address from kaskus.us (excellent site!), thought I'd give her a try..sms her several times and finally making the deal..
The stupid thing was...I didn't read her meeting point address clearly..I thought it was at Tanjung Barat...hey that's pretty close to Cinere right?!!?? Turned our it was Tanjung DUREN!!! Boy oh boy...did a double take at that one! Made some frantic sms asking her to change pick up point...Asked her if she travels to PIM a lot (he3x...very sly of me, right!)..but nope...hopes dashed right away ha3x...
Finally agreed to meet at McD BSD on Sat. 14 March, '09....

So...on the day, packed my baby and her "Mbak" in my ATOZ and zoomed across three province to the meeting point (ONLY in Jakarta you can travel to THREE province in one hour: Cinere - West Java, TB. Simatupang - DKI Jakarta and BSD - Banten..this city ROCKS!!!). Turned out a bit early so decided to eat some snacks (if you called eating chicken with french fries and lemon tea a snack ha3x)...

Finally Mbak Ferlin arrived with her baby boy sleeping in the front car seat (excellent promotion method!). The first thing we tested was the stroller..Turns out...she did NOT know how to fold it again ha3x......Was quite hillarious seeing us struggling with the contraption..finally she called her husband to ask he3x....
Satisfied with the stroller, move on the car seat! Perfect red colour and very easy to install....By the way...these are new items! So I got to be the first! Yippeeeeee.....(tho a bit scared that I'll return them dirty hiks3x...)
Paid the fee and deposit money and waved goodbye until returning time! Gabriella likes the car seat! I tested it on the way home and she sat like a little princess on her throne! A bit tricky with the stroller tho....you have to keep moving or else she got restless...
This means..I need to coax Gaby's Papa for money on car seat ho3x...maybe after the Bangkok trip *wink wink*
Thanks a lot to Mbak Ferlin! Oh here's a pic of Gaby with the car seat!


Oh yes, there are also other baby rentals:
http:
//lovelykiddie.wordpress.com (Bandung), bububebshop.multiply.com (this one only for Tangerang area..dunno why), www.adorababy.wordpress.com (Bintaro), there's also one in East Java (Jawa Timur) area but no website only phone number (I think it's called babybee, ph.03191506927).
Soo..if anybody needs baby equipment for rent, just check it out okay!

0 comments:

About This Blog

My family

My family
My little family

  © Free Blogger Templates Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP